Add to Favorites
Join the Staff
Final Fantasy X
Fight, fight, fight!
Quote by: Tidus, when a battle starts
On this site, you'll find enemy info pages and this page will explain you perfectly how to read and understand that information. Also, you'll learn here about all the
names, used in the info tables mean.
|Explanation of the numbers
|1. Enemy Name
||This is the name of the Enemy. Some enemies have the same name, but different levels.
||This is where you will first encounter the enemy. You might find an enemy on another location too.
||Here you'll find a few figures that indicate your opponent's level, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
|4. Elemental Characteristics
||This column will show you how the enemy reacts to elemental attacks.
x 1,5: The enemy suffers 50% more damage than normal.
x 1/2: The enemy suffers 50% less damage than normal.
Immune (IMM): The enemy resists the attack.
Absorb (ABS): The enemy is healed by the attack.
Refer to the Battle System section for more info on the elemental characteristics.
|5. Status Effects
||This part of the table takes the biggest space and holds important information. It tells you about the enemy's resistance to status effects.
The figure 0 indicates that the enemy cannot protect himself against the status effect in question, while 95 indicates that he is fairly resistant to such an
attack. If you see the letters IMM, it means immune: your attack won't have any effect on the enemy. Abbreviations of these status effects are shown in the
||During fights, you can use the Abilities Steal and Mug to rob enemies of items. "Normal" means that, if successful,
you have a 75% chance of obtaining this item. And "Rare" means that your chance of obtaining this item is just 25%.You will usually either get a better
item or a greater quantity of the item in the Normal column. However, your characters' Luck levels does not affect the probability of obtaining an item.
||These are the items you might obtain after the battle. Most of the time, you'll receive the normal item, that's a chance about 7 of out 8
that you'll receive the normal item. In the remaining 1/8th of cases, you'll receive a rare item. If you used an Overkill to kill the enemy, you'll usually
receive double the amount of items.
||An enemy can be bribed with Gil, simply paying him to leave. When he does, he'll leave items behind. Take a look at the
Bribe section for more information on this.
||After defeating an enemy, you may also be rewarded with a piece of equipment. The rate figure will tell you the probability of obtaining a
piece of equipment. For example, 255-256 indicates that you'll be successful in 255 out of 256 cases.
||Ability Slots indicates the possible number of slots assigned to the weapon or piece of armour dropped by the enemy after a battle. And
Abilities Attached tells you the usual number of Abilities attached to the equipment.
|11. Enemy Skills
||One of your characters, Kimahri, can learn Abilities by using his Ability Lancet on the enemy. If there's a name of an Ability here, Kimahri
can learn it using Lancet. If there's nothing here, like in our example, there's nothing to learn for Kimahri from this enemy.
|12. AP & Gil
||AP indicates the amount of Ability Points your characters are rewarded with after a victorious battle. If you beat the enemy with an Overkill,
you'll receive the amount shown in brackets. And Gil indicates the amount of Gil you'll be rewarded with after a victorious battle. If one of your characters
has a weapon with the Gillionaire Ability (such as Rikku's Legendary Weapon), the amount of Gil will be doubled.
|13. HP & MP
||HP indicates the enemy's initial stamina level (Hit Points). The number in brackets indicates the minimum amount of damage your final hit
must inflict in order to achieve an Overkill. And MP will indicate the maximum of Magic Points the enemy has. Abilities like Lancet and Osmose enable your
characters to absorb those Magic Points from the enemy. However, remember that enemies don't need MP to use their skills.
||These are the weapons the enemy might drop after battle. This is linked with the Equipment rate and the Ability Slots and Abilities
||These are the pieces of armour the enemy might drop after battle. This is linked with the Equipment rate and the Ability Slots and Abilities
||This is a picture of what the enemy looks like.
Status Effects: Abbreviations
||Poison: The HP lost by the enemy during each battle round is shown in brackets. Thus, (25%), indicates that the enemy will
automatically suffer damage amounting to 25% of his maximum HP after each turn.
||Zombie: Enemies inflicted by Zombie can generally be killed immediately with either Life, Full-Life or with a Phoenix Down
(healing items have the opposite effect upon Zombies). Remember that certain enemies, indicated by IMM, cannot be disposed of in this fashion (even if they can
||Doom: The figure in brackets indicates the number of turns after which your enemy will die (if your attack was successful).
||Eject: This is an effect that can be used during Auron's Shooting Star Overdrive.
||Zanmato: The higher the figure, the more resistant the enemy is to Yojimbo's Zanmato attack.
Terms of Usage
Request a Graphic
100 x 100 Avatars
60 x 60 Avatars
PHP & SQL